Wednesday, March 4, 2009

(Not-So) Typical

Me: "_social service organization__, This is Rachel."

Caller: "Yes! I ordered a wig OVER a MONTH ago and it's still NOT HERE. (here is where I start biting down on my lip hard enough to draw blood so as not to burst into laughter into the receiver) Now, I placed the order with a gentleman that said that it would be here, and that you were in Motown or Uptown, or wherever-y'all are. Now with the wig, he put in under two names, I think, either T-E-R-R-Y or J-E-R-R-E-L, but I need to..."

Me: "Er. Ma'am. I think you have the wrong number. This is _social service organization___. And as far as I'm aware, we've never sold wigs."



Commence fits of laughter in the office.

3 comments:

Billy Brame said...

Wigs!?! One question: why wouldn't charitable Catholics sell and then not deliver hair head coverings. And you call yourselves a non-profit organization that meets the needs the American underprivileged.

Anonymous said...

Classic. Nuff said.

Sean said...

Motown? Isn't that another name for Detroit?