"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." ~George Eliot
Summer is waning fast, and it feels like it was hardly here at all. Normally, I hold fast to the swimming pools and barbeques, sundresses and flip-flops, ice cream and late-nights on patios. But this year, I'm ready for the change. My heart can feel the coming turning of the seasons, and it knows it will change more than the weather.
I'm excited for...
1. New adventures. In church and community, new relationships and neighborhood, and foreign countries (South Korea!).
3. Honeycrisps. The Ferrari of apples. With gouda or caramel... but not all together.
4. Pumpkins. Hell-yeah-I-love-pumpkins. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkins on my porch, pumpkin in my lattes, pumpkinpumpkinpumpkin.
Some things I have already been enjoying...
1. All things Arrested Development. I think I've said the Buster-line "It walked on my pillow!" at least ten times in the past week. And this classic little picture (via Unruly Things, I think?) is just awesome.
2. New pictures from the Hubble's fancy new camera. Ohhhh how small I am...
3. 1000 Words. A blog project by KC locals Hannah and David Huffman.
4. And Regina does it again.